All very sentimental but that is what I am.
How people downsize to a boat I do not know, it is not part of our plan thankfully but I have the utmost respect for those that can walk away and dispose of so much - and I am the thrower away'er of the relationship - a dangerous person to be left in charge !
Lets see where we get to over the coming months but it is fair to say we are close to the end of the hard work and if I am looking for the positives if we do sell there is so much less to do to move and if we do not sell then we have a beautiful house to enjoy for the future - win win.
Now the boat, good old Percy sitting bobbing patiently waiting for its turn. What do we have in store....
Well in no great order...
- Blacking - July booked in at Phoenix Marine after hearing positive things about them
- Fridge electrics - wire sources and ready to install
- Kitchen tiles - Bloody tiling again but this time less than a M2 - happy days
- Kitchen and bathroom flooring - I have the Karndean and hopefully it should do both
- Back stove - one for the winter months as we only use it cruising and when we have guests. In the winter the back cabin is the fridge which worked very well when I lived aboard
- Main stove - do nothing or replace with Refleks, will depend on selling the house I guess as if we do not sell then I will not overwinter on the boat so I would not need to review the stove
- Mooring - I am still not happy with the work I have to do on it - it is a beautiful place and I am inclined to stay, especially if I live aboard but I still may visit a few to scope out the costs and benefits/drawbacks of marina berthing. As stated my inclination is to stay and be 'hardy' !!
- Front forecabin - needs some proper tidying and rationalization - especially if I have a Refleks as I will need to add in a separate tank.
- Washing machine - we have a little twin tub that may well fit in 'that corner' of the cupboard pots live in that never get seen. It would need some work behind the chairs - maybe a job for Adele who did the kitchen refit.
- Chairs/seatee - options appraisal here, we have a nice little sofa in the cottage down south that would fit... might look to try that one weekend before we opt for captain chairs (my preference) or a bed seatee (Rachel's preference)
- Bathroom - no real plans here but I would like to modernise it especially if and when we spend extended time aboard. Having recently completely refitted a large bathroom at home this would be 'easy' - yep I really did just type that !
Thats about it for a little list.... my sister in law Sharon txt'd me last night and said how much I would be looking forward to a rest now we had done the house.... little chance !
Off to plane three bedroom doors now post carpet fitting then make up beds into bedrooms - that should see me busy tonight !