Tuesday 5 March 2019

Talk about forward planning

Many times I have written about the benefits of blogging. I recently blogged about a little 'explore' of a canal new to us on Percy. As I type this on the 16th February we are moored up with just one other boat at Tyrley wharf above the locks after winding.

We were talking about the last time we were this way and I recalled it was the last cruise on our Share boat Sylph. In fact it was the last but one cruise (with Rachel) as I had a booze cruise with friends as the last time I was on Sylph.  It was in 2008 that we gave up our share on Sylph - a great boat and a good way to get into boat ownerships.

Anyhow the reason for this blog is on checking my Waterlily blog (we had Waterlily as well as a share for a short while) I re-read something that has come to pass.... excerpt as follows

"I really like the Shroppie, and could easily be persuaded to relocate Waterlily there, somewhere near Norbury Junction maybe? It is so atmospheric, when cruising I certainly feel so remote, which is perfect and a significant reason for being on the boat."

Well we are indeed just three miles from Norbury for all the reasons plus more in my observation from 11 years ago. I like it when a plan comes together !!


The blog from Waterlily is here if you wish to read it 

And the blog from the last trip on the lovely Sylph  - here 

1 comment:

Sue said...

But of course... That was what what planned!