Tuesday 26 January 2021

Off out cruising

....that would have been last year. This year it's sleep eat repeat, like most of the UK and the world it's groundhog day. 

I checked back on my last year blogs at this time and we were off out for a cruise and it was green warmish and we were free....




We went for a walk from the cottage today and it was I think the least enjoyable walk I've had from here in all the time we've been here. It was cold with a fine drizzle onto slushy icy wet roads. It felt like a million years away from the cruise we did in January 2020.

We are lucky we have a good friend and boaty neighbour who keeps an eye on Percy for us and has sent some pictures of Percy in the ice and snow at Shebdon ...brrrrrrrr !!



All pictures courtesy of Mandy NB Don't Panic 

In looking back at last years January blogs I was reminded of the sad loss to the boating world of Bruce Napier of NB Sanity Again. A full year, I often wonder what he would have scribed about the last year and the state of the world. His writing was always interesting and entertaining. 

I need to visit the boat to retake the measurements for the curtains and today the two very well packed sheets of 25mm fire board arrived from Midland Chandlers so they need to go ( less packaging ). I fully intend working on Percy in the coming weeks, I think I have most of what I need now to put the stove in the back cabin and do the big engine service, just a shame I canot or should not overnight as it would save trips. 

I think the saving grace is this period of mucky cold snowy weather will depart and based on the time of the year we could get one or two quite cheery days into mid/ late February, hopefully it'll feel like instant spring !


No comments: