Wednesday 10 February 2021

Battery update

How smug I was sourcing and changing the batteries in my faithful Macbook pro  - I blogged about it here .... click me  Turns out the batteries from Ifixit were old stock.... I should have read their forums before ordering..... Their support was good and they eventually gave me my money back  after giving me the 'support runaround' of fixes and charge cycles. I should have guessed when the adhesive to hold the batteries in place gave up a few days after fitting them. 

I sourced some from elsewhere that initially looked very good with a increased capacity but as the charge cycles are used up the full charge capacity is dropping 


The battery was sold as larger capacity than the original which it was but as you can see its dropped to 97% already after just 6 cycles. Maybe I'll end up with three Lithium Iron batteries in the workshop to dispose of .... and based on my experience  of the local refuse centre recently where as I was taking things out of my boot they were saying.... we charge for that, we charge for that....no wonder there is so much fly tipping !! 

I'll monitor the battery and report back to all of you waiting urgently for this news.... times like this I wish Bruce  ( NB Sanity Again) was still around, he was a big Mac user and would have had sage advice for sure.

No comments: