Monday 13 April 2015

The 10p whopper !

A bit of a catch up more photos than words.

I recently put the SD card from my camera into my Mac and a few pics from the last few months downloaded.....

This one must have been early into my 2014 life afloat....a peaceful moonlit evening. On reflection the winter was fair to me, just a few learning points but whatever anyone tells you it is an existence and a test on your systems and sanity living off grid alone in the winter. 


This was my November trip from Chichester to Stranraer...Loch Ryan  - the peninsular on the middle left is where my friends John and Carrie live a remote and peaceful life. Elsa Craig is the mound just off the peninsular, recent sold for 1.5 million or thereabouts.... now that would be solitude !


Back to a misty autumnal south downs ... very bucolic and captivating (and expensive !!) Last night whilst loading the car for my early morning trip back to the Midlands there was a 15 plate Rolls Royce with chauffeur picking up someone from the Star and Garter pub across the lane.... some taxi ! 


A couple more of the woods I love so much




Back to an equally captivating landscape around Alrewas  - this was a nice walk up to Wychnor 


Another beautiful sunset looking across the canal with the Rugely power station outputting its steam on the right of the tree. That is a 4 hour cruise for us.



Click this one.... only a fisherman or woman would get this ....stillness and expectation....


The reason for the title.... I purchased a seeded 'Bloomer' loaf  - close to its sell by for 10p from the Coop and caught this whopper Bream (my biggest from the canal) 


My day was completed earlier by a 130 mile refresher on my Pan European motorbike . Chesterfield, Long Eaton and Stone were visited. Tempted myself with a BMW, but decided to stay with my trusty Honda


Final shot of the day.... a favourite destination for a coffee and a gongoozel !!




No comments: