Wednesday 5 March 2014

The end is in sight

I have had a couple of days off to sort the house and garden out now the days are a little longer. You certainly understand how age slows you down and the aches are a lot more. Having said that Callum my youngest has been a great help in getting a lot of heavy stuff done so it has been progressive.

Yesterday after sorting and tidying the garage I treated myself to 120 miles of joy as I piloted my ST1300 Pan European across the Derbyshire and Staffordshire dales.

I did have a bit of an eeny meeny miny moe moment but the bike won out !


I went up to Clay Cross for a cup of coffee then set the sat nav on a large loop taking in Winster, Hartington over to Stone, Burston and stopped of at Percy to check the work Adele had completed.

This was the stop and take a photo view near Brackenfield at the start of the ride....


I still very much like Burston and would love to live there.


It is a short walk from the canal and has a good if old fashioned pub called the Greyhound. The jewel in the crown is the lake. I spent half an hour there talking to an angler some while back, lovely carp lake.

I stopped off to see the progress on Percy. Adele is progressing well and hopefully by the weekend we should have him back to put back on the mooring. There will be some work to do still as I opted to do the plumbing and electrics as well as some carpet laying. Pictures will follow.

I am having major withdrawal symptoms as are Rachel and Leia !!

It is certainly not a staid and boring life at them moment for sure.



No comments: