Saturday 7 April 2018

The end of blogging ?

For lots of reasons I am retired but still not spending much time aboard Percy. That's a bad thing. I am sure if you read blogs you will also be watching many Vlogs on narrowboat life. I have a subscription to many and they are tv quality in the main with episodes released that are devoured with much relish.

Problem is they are so good I am starting to feel like I have seen and done most of the system, albeit vicariously on lots of different boats.

Don't get me wrong I do enjoy following the vlogs and they give so much more than reading many on the list to the right ...but in a simple way they are showing me the system in great quality from my armchair. Not sure if it is the start of the demise of blogging about the canals, I blog of course as my online diary that I can look back on - so will continue but are the Vlogs demising my future exploration/enjoyment of the canals?

On an unrelated note other than related to this being my diary of sorts I have enjoyed the last two days of good weather by getting out on my motorbikes. All over the south coats and south downs .....

Some pictures just as a reminder when we are no longer down here .......




I test rode this yesterday.... its an NC750 (New Concept) it has half a Honda Jazz engine in it  - low revving super economy quite a nice bike



3 comments:

Jennie said...

Oh I do hope it is not the end of blogging. I have not views many vlogs - time is just too short. I do, however, keep an eye on many blogs and, like you, our blog is written for us to look back on and for friends and family to have some idea where we are when we are off on our travels. Please keep blogging! Jennie nb Tentatrice

KevinTOO said...

I too hope that blogging continues, I'd much rather read a few well written words and look at a few relating photos than listen to someone droning on about something while attempting to film it with a very shaky hand. That's probably why I'd rather 'read the book' than 'watch the film' of the book... but that's just my opinion...
Please keep up the noble art of putting finger(s) to the keyboard ;)

Nev Wells said...

Hi Jennie & Kevin, thank you for your comments. I intend to keep on blogging, as I do it primarily for my own benefit... but if others get a bit from it so much the better. I am quite an avid Vlog consumer.... just seems they are showing me the canal system before I see it myself. It does inspire me to go to some of the less travelled or less seen parts of the system. Just need to get on the boat !!