Sunday 24 November 2019

Percy may be a lifeboat next week !

Still getting the grips with this country living. You'll all mostly be sitting there with your gas umbilical cord connected directly to Turkey and Russia via Europe - I kid you not...


...and 9% comes by way of LNG tankers (Liquified Natural Gas) how mad is that !


Our cottage is 'off' the gas grid so we rely on heating oil  (yes I know my heating oil comes no doubt from even future afield  - and in tankers also) but we have little choice. We have a 'watchman' to monitor the levels and last time it started to alert me to a low tank there was quite a bit - so much we ran it for a good week or so after the warning. No here is the dum dum mistake by yours truly.... same warning so I relaxed and put it in the to do list thinking  have a time to sort - forgetting last times fill up was in the summer (little or no heating on) and now heating on twice a day - tit. 

So I recon we are down to our last thirty or so litres of oil.... we have run out in the past when we first moved in (knackered sensor - they are known to be short lived) and it was a PITA to bleed the boiler and the Rayburn of the air that got in so I don't want to have that challenge again - even though I now know how to do it. 

So the fire is lit here and the electric heaters are on standby....but so is Percy. Last week we were on board (16th Nov) and on the Saturday night when it was about -3 outside I was sitting in my shorts and T shirt. The Morso and back boiler is very effective.  

It would not take much to put the cottage's nest system on eco and repair to Percy until the oil arrives (booked for Wednesday)  

Watch this space !!

No comments: