Tuesday 12 November 2019

A tale of 48 hours(ish)

Sorry for the delay in getting this post up.... I am getting behind but at least I now know why... - see here  Linky

Yes for the record we had some boat time, now going back to the 27th October !

It was planned so off we drove, dropping the trusty Rover 75 tourer off for its MOT work while we were aboard. It had to be Sunday to Monday as there were caring responsibilities to undertake at both ends of the age scale.

We got to the boat and set to with the required job, me on the stove and Rachel swapping the bedding over. I cleaned the chimney last time I had a day visit when I also cut the grass and did some napalm type gardening ! Therefore the stove job was to get the stuff swept down the chimney off the top back boiler plate. I don't know why they call it a back boiler - back and top boiler would be a more apt name. Anyhow all cleaned (reminder to self take the workshop vacuum cleaner next time ) it was lit and a walk undertaken to give myself and Leia some much needed exercise  - Rachel was resting up due to a foot injury.

Fire lit....

Then off for my walk...








Almost dark on my return 
Then it got cold and very misty  - I love these very atmospheric autumnal mornings.



We did some light gardening then sadly had to repair back to the cottage as I had to collect my Rover from its MOT (150,000 miles now !) and we had to be elsewhere on the Tuesday.

It did not stop me getting a lovely canal walk in the other side of Staffordshire on the Wednesday (Rachel was back at work - only semi retired !)  -in my valley along the Caldon canal. It was quite alarming to see how high the River Churnet had been !






There was a load of sediment dumped under the railway bridge

I did the full walk out of the valley to the top fields behind the Falconry centre. This is my five fields walk added to the valley walk ( a decent amount of exercise) as the footpath is at the end of our house. The farmer had been cutting the grass on the top field.

Sadly I'd forgotten the other farmer (they have some strange field ownerships around here) had been muck spreading on the fields behind our cottage and Leia was sick for the next couple of days - could be totally unrelated but a bit of a coincidence  - any advice or experience of such?

Now I have resolved the photos issue I'll hopefully get the blog up to date 

No comments: