Friday 17 July 2020

C&RT (Fountains) did damage my boat

You need to read this post way back a week after we took Percy out of the paint dock at Dadsfords wharf on the Stourbridge canal.

Percy has three decent sizes scabs of rust now showing that need attention certainly before the winter sets in. They are all on the side that took the strimmer “spray”. Bear in mind we had two windows broken by the same process on Waterlily. In the end Fountains stopped strimming on the Hunts lock moorings as other boats also had windows broken.

C&RT did compensate me only after a lengthy exchange of emails and progression through their complaints process. I just hope they recovered their costs from Fountains.

So now I need to practice my touching up, it’ll show up sadly but its better than allowing the rust to grow. I have already Fertan’d the rust.....

Percy is in need of a good wash and brush up as well as an oil change, all things delayed due to the Chinese virus. I have ordered the oil, I just need to gain the confidence to open up the engine to clean the sump. On the old engine there is no oil filter, the oil used just drops any particles into the sump that needs the side of the engine off to gain access to clear the mesh and sump sludge if there is any in there. I’ll take some photos when I do it.

No comments: