Sunday 26 July 2020

We all do it, some more than others

Many have a rose tinted view of boat ownership, they see the lovely pretty canal boats chugging along the cut and imagine themselves at the helm, enjoying nature’s linear slide show. But what they don’t see is the on going maintenance, cost and hard work that is needed to keep a boat tidy.

I cannot rest easy knowing Percy is in need of TLC, I’m not the sort who gets the cleaning stuff out at the end of each days cruising- yes I’ve see them, they even have individual job roles and set to as soon as they moor up. I’m jealous of course as I set to with the fishing rod and then beat myself up over the cobwebs and bird poo that signals a lazy boat owner.

So every now and again and today (Sunday 26th July) is a now and again day we set to with buckets and cloths to spruce up our pride and joy .... but it’s bloody hard work and I know come the morrow I’ll be aching like a man who aches a lot. It’ll be worth it as it’ll allow me the right to fish and ride my motorbikes ( therein  lies the issue.... too many interests) and start worrying about when I need to do it all over again !

Plus it’ll give me the option of posting some pictures of the shiny boat.

No comments: