Wednesday 28 August 2024

Expensive volunteering and family

Life is pleasingly full which  much prefer. I don't like routine and I don't like sedentary. I ride blood bikes which is good as it gives me a chance to ride other bikes, I have to be an advanced rider ( checked every three years) and the feel good factor of helping the NHS and complete strangers.

A few shifts back (the blog is on catch up mode) I had a full house type of shift where I had collections in Stoke from the path labs and the maternity and then into Birmingham to Heartlands Hospital, the Children's Hospital, City Hospital, Blood transfusion service, Women's Hospital and Birmingham university. A good shift. Back in stoke I filled the blood bike up near its base and as I was heading off back down the duel carriageway I felt a bump on my boot and looked in my mirror to see my Iphone bouncing down the road !! Quick up the other side but by the time I got to it a few cars had driven over it !


It was/is  - see later in the post an Iphone X which was due out of support in September so I bit the bullet and got a new Iphone 15 ( yep an Apple fan boy - typing this on my M1 MacBook and I have an Ipad also.)

We also had some extended family time at Newstead Abbey where we had a wet walk and a nice lunch afterwards. Newstead is the ancestral home of Lord Byron and was before that an Augustine priory before Henry the VIII decided it wasn't ! Lovely place well worth a visit. 

Before much of this more lanes to ride on my Trusty Royal Enfield Himalayan 












The good news for those that have got this far is I brought a replacement screen on the off chance of the phone still working. A wet morning swapping the screen out and bingo I haver a spare  - the phone will be used as a nav device on my bikes as a plan b 



No comments: