Monday 26 August 2024

More fixing stuff and a big birthday

Back home the cottage was trying to be a boat by making me spend money I didn't want to. We came back to our oil boiler locking out. I have it serviced regularly and always chat to the local plumber who does it so know a lot about the workings. He could not get for a few days so I set to changing a few parts I have spares for. 

The 'eye' that detects ignition had failed before  - when the beast from the east struck which unsurprisingly I remembered well ! I had a spare so I tried that but no luck. I decided to replace the nozzle that helps make the spay of oil to burn. I kept the old ones from previous services. The one that came out was a bit sooty a good sign for a fix so I cleaned up the older one and put it in and spot on we had heat and hot water. 

Ricky the plumber came a week or so later and by then I'd sourced a new nozzle that was put in and the boiler serviced basically a good check and clean out the heat exchanger baffles  - the testing of co2 etc is the bit of kit I don't have and is needed to adjust the boiler burner. All sorted for another 12 months hopefully.



It was also a big birthday for Rachel which we celebrated by hiring a carriage on a local heritage steam railway for the family which is quite a large one now. A good time was had by all.




No comments: