Thursday 22 August 2024

Getting back on the blogging horse

Wow - 3rd June was my last 'report'. Poor tardy performance !! So by way of apology to my blog and to get some content form my later years reading here goers a few days of catch ups ....

We were at Goldstone wharf for our evening meal and it didn't disappoint. Who knew these were a thing - look closely and tell me what ? 

Next day it was a simple bimble back but again we could not get 'in'  - worse facing south, but I had a plan !! 







6 comments:

Nb Duxllandyn said...

It looks like a hanging hook for handbags etc to keep them off the floor. Seen similar around elsewhere.

Nev Wells said...

Spot on - a gift from one of my sisters to Rachel. Not something I'd ever seen or heard of before but I'm not a big handbag buyer !

Nb Duxllandyn said...

My wife has one! On another matter, it’s quite a while since we traded a cassette toilet in a service area just off the M1!!
Mike
Nb Duxllandyn

Nev Wells said...

LOL, true still going strong. Are you still boating. Last time I saw Duxllandyn she was at Woolsey Bridge on the T&M ?

Nb Duxllandyn said...

We still have the boat but, for a variety of reasons, haven’t done as much boating since the Covid lockdown times. We took a home mooring in 2022 after 8 years of continuous cruising. It’s on the offside around the corner from Hatherton Junction/Marina on the S&W. It suits us for the moment but the rising cost of boating is concerning and the subject of many ‘value for money’ conversations.

Nev Wells said...

We are in the same position ( see latest post re caravans !) We need to use Percy or loose her. It was a good decision to get out of the marina as we halved our mooring costs and the mooring we have on the Shroppie is beautiful