I received the manual for the corner bubble from Hepworth heating today after I sent an enquiry on the layout of the back boiler in and outs.
It is a good manual. There is an excellent section on chimneys and the impacts on performance which is an eye opener and put me off, and that is before consideration of performance using the non pumped back boiler I have now. No bends, double skinned, 28 inch chimbleys to note a few bits of performance advice
It just made me feel;-
- There would be a risk after the install it would not perform as well as the stove I have now
- There is more to go wrong with it
- I can find stuff to burn in an emergency (run out of money, need to dispose of a body etc) I have so far never cruised past a discarded jerry can of diesel!
- I could find better things to spend £2,000 on (price I estimate to replace with a new Lockgate diesel stove)
- Sue, Bruce, Les & Jaq, Geoff & Mags, Mandy plus many more on the right who live aboard and are the real experts can't be wrong ;-) Those on the right who are oilies please do not be offended!
In defence oil it is cleaner and may - may resolve the allergy issue. Plus I would not wish to put anyone off buying one - Hepworths seem a decent company as do Lockgate.
So for now I will use the little portable Dyson and be a cleaner boater, but I reserve the right to change my mind and be a dithering idiot - I am getting better at that the older I get !
Next post an update on C&RT response to my complaint about their contractors.