Thursday 31 January 2019

So here's to blogging and a bit of a challenge

Sarah from NB Chertsey recently hit her blog a day target for January. No mean feat to be able to find a topic to write about each day. My life and my brain have limited content so not something I could achieve.

Sarah did make the same observation I have previously blogged about regarding the change from blogging to vlogging with the conclusion blogging was becoming 'old hat' heading for the the history bin containing typewriters, cassette tapes, Airfix kits  etc etc. I have written many times I blog for my personal record. I regularly look back and see what I was doing one year ago, so blogging by year to the closest day....

Jan 31 2018  I was blogging about C&RT borrowing ££'s and the impacts for the future...

Jan 24 2017 I was blogging about the sad death of Les from NB Valerie...

Jan 30 2016 I was blogging about my near death experience in relation to the stove in the back cabin...

Jan 31 2015 I was blogging about canal coal deliveries (I was living on board that winter)...

Jan 30 2014  I was blogging about the first snow of that winter (timely based on the snow we have recently had)

Jan 30 2013 Ironically I was blogging about my blog roll on the right and asking for links to add new blogs !

Over to Waterlily blog now and it seems I was running two blogs for a while  - hardcore  !!

Jan 24 2013 I was blogging (advertising) Waterlily for sale

Jan 30 2012 I was blogging about trips to Waterlily to keep the boat warm.

Jan 31 2011 I was have a mini blog rant about money and political correctness (I think)

Jan 29 2010 I was blogging from the river Nile at Aswan (a lovely holiday and lovely people)

Jan 28 2009  In some contrast to the above I was blogging about how long is a piece of string !!

Jan 31 2008  Despite being the Waterlily blog I was blogging about our first fully owned boat Comet

Two final points to this post....

In a curious and timely connection on the 27th January 2008 I was linking a post to Sarah's warrior blog (about drying colanders - now I am starting to see why blogging is in demise !!)

... and finally if you have got this far Jan 2010 saw me posting 26 blog posts  - so close to Sarah's impressive 31 for this January.   As I said at the start of this post I could not manage this number but my new personal challenge is to beat each of the preceding years monthly posts - thereby guaranteeing beating my 2018 blog total that was one better than my 2017 blog total.

January is done with 4 in 2018 and this one makes 7 in 2019

So dear reader and diary,  hold tight for some really interesting and insightful posts about stuff I have no idea about yet !!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I await with bated breath

Norwyn

Carol said...

Me too!

Sarah said...

Ah, drying colanders. I was thinking about that only the other night while doing the washing up.

My, we go back a long way don't we Nev!

Nev Wells said...

Certainly do..... both three boat bloggers IIRC but for the life of me I can't remember your little boats name, I think it was a 45 footer you started blogging on... BTW what happened to the sea going vessel ? (I did not count that in my boat blog count.....)

Mrs. Jaqueline Biggs said...

I am still here albeit on the other side of the world, and reading boat blogs. I haven't blogged yet as I am just recovered from jet lag and I am still making a rough re-entry into American culture. It is a foreign country to me now and I desperately miss the cut and our boat.
Love jJq xxx