Monday 6 January 2020

For the record

I try and record when and where I filled up with Diesel. Today the coal boat came by so we flagged them down and took a new bottle of gas, three bags of Excel and 116 litres of diesel. The engine counter was on 669 hours.

Now 116 litres is a record for us ( stop sniggering you cc’ers). Edited as I found out we put in 146 litres here I had a quick trawl to see if I recorded when I last filled up and at what engine counter we were at, of course I can’t find it if I do later I’ll edit this post..... yep found it it was at Turners with the engine counter on 570 hours so 99 hours for 116 litres makes 1.17 litres of fuel per hour running. Small interesting detail but we just added 116 litres, last top up was 113 litres.... at least we are consistent.

. I do recall where I was and that would be Turners when I brought Percy up from Fradley, so that would be late October 2018. I recall somewhere else I worked out we used about a litre and a half an hour so that gives some indication of the running of the engine.

To use that diesel we’ve really only been up and down the Shropshire, as far as Tyrley locks North and Church Eaton to the south. Done both a few times now. We of course did the blacking cruise up to Stourbridge Bonded warehouse which really was the single biggest trip of 2019.

Yesterday we were planning holidays and we firmed up the four counties ring and the Llangollen up and back, so hopefully we’ll be using a bit more diesel this year and out cruising.

One thing to note since we altered the charging regime we of course are not using the donk on Percy to charge the batteries when stationary so less engine hours and less diesel use there.

No comments: