Friday 1 July 2016

Lots to record on me blog, not least boating again and a mooring update !

Ok, as said many times before this is my diary that I share with friends. I need to keep it up to date so when I am in my old(er) age I can look back and say - I did a bit when I was able !

We had a mad run up to our holiday in Europe on the bike - see here 

By the time we left on the tunnel train we had;-

  • Shopped for a sofa for the boat in a charity shop in Chichester.... still to be moved and the older Ikea Poang chairs brought back to the cottage 
  • Hosted Rachel's nephew Richard and his partner Amy as they were down for a sailing race  -we had a great pre race night in the sailing club.
  • Driven over to Greenwich to help our youngest son and his partner Emma move fully into their flat 
  • Drove back to work to complete the preparation for the house to go on the market
  • Finished all my work obligations prior to the holiday... late finish again !
  • Then drove back to Chichester to pick Rachel up and make sure she did not wake up on her own on her birthday
  • Left Rachel's car in Chichester and drove back to Derby the next day (That's over a thousand miles in 6 days)
  • Then met the Estate agents and signed all the forms - took the pictures and agreed to have the house on the market !
  • Sadly Rachel's dad Charles passed away three years ago on Rachel's birthday so the girls had arranged for a memorial bench to be installed at Crich tramway museum where Charles being an engineer loved to go. So we met Sharon and her son Aiden to check the install was ok  - it looked stunning and a perfect location.
  • Then started to prep the bike and luggage for the trip to Europe
  • Then had a great night out to celebrate Mike (Rachel's Brother) and Katie's marriage (they got married in Hong Kong last year. (.... and yes Katie I do remember we are visiting Hong Kong in 2018 so we need you as our guide to your country)
  • Got back home at just after midnight to pack and got to bed at 1am
  • Up at 6am to walk the dog and get her ready for her holiday with Rachel's sister Sharon - (thanks again Sharon)
  • Then the holiday began with a ride to the tunnel.....
And its not been foot off the gas since being back as I am now back on the boat - Hurray !!
 
A couple of photos....


Our new found local - the Fox and Hounds at Funtingdon - I walked to it twice on Saturday last time I was down , 6 miles all in but the beer food and company were worth it.


Callum and Emmas local in Greenwich on the Thames and over 5 quid a pint !! But still a vibrant place to be.


The Thames was in full flow - can't wait to get Percy reacquainted 


Charles bench at Crich tramway museum


This is the view from the bench platform  - stunning 


The trip up and back on the tram gives some more stunning views and we were lucky to get a beautiful day 




Rachel reflecting .....


Part of the wedding celebrations saw a Chinese tea ceremony where the Bride and Groom serve tea to the Grooms family in order of seniority - we went second. This is Sharon and Andy Rachel's eldest sister and husband  We were asked for advice for the married couple...Never go to sleep on an argument  !


It was a lovely meal and occasion, Rachel with her nephew Luke 


Back to the boat it was rewiring the fridge with 8mm2 cable. I need a 'fishing' kit to pull the thicker cable through. Next weeks job ! I need cold beer aboard !!


Spot the fishing rod.... 9.30 pm on the day after the longest day - perfect


Part of the role I have at work I need to work all hours that enables me time to wind the boat and have a great breakfast if not a little expensive at the Fradley cafe. Percy is now pointing the right way for her blacking trip next weekend 


Last weekend we relaxed with a walk by the Cromford canal.... At high peak jinction they have a couple of BR brake vans  - this is the stove we had in the back cabin of Percy and I am still looking for a replacement

 This is my 10pm Bream. I have been fishing with bread and using a mashed up slice for ground bait. Slowly the fish are getting greedier and this whopper came out almost last cast. The fishing is so perfect when all is quiet and the sun is setting and the fish are feeding....


My 6.30 am view from the back cabin. Don't panic is on her travels, Harnser is sold and Deco dream - the next boat you can see is moving off at the end of the month. 

Finally I did renew my moorings for another year. It is enchanting down at Hunts lock, everyone is very friendly and helpful and if I do sell the house this will be my home again as I did in 2014/15, could be a lot lot worse !!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Nev you are certainly busy!!! See you soon lots of love from Lanzarotexx

Nev Wells said...

I think you have the better idea.... hope you are getting lots of sun and rest see you soon