Saturday 31 March 2018

Let's talk stoves....

No better time to fit a stove than spring  or summer. Hopefully the deals are on and the time to fit is not pressured by cold or adverse weather  - there I've jinxed you all now !!

So what to fit ....

My good neighbour recently had some issues with a stove glass and posted a picture of her Heron stove which I liked.


This might be overkill for the small back cabin as its a 5kw stove.  Villager do a Puffin (smaller sibling) to the heron above.
I like the two doors  (main burner and ash pan) I also like the riddling grate and air wash system. 

There is another option a GBS mariner a bit smaller and a lot cheaper ...
This one had less air gap to the base where it will hopefully be mounted in a spare hearth I have from the guards stove that was fitted before it rotted through. 

There is another option a boatmans stove - made up in Manchester and between the other two in price.


The Puffin is favourite at the moment  - have you any suggestions  or links ?...

Just found this little beauty ... but a 3 inch pipe ?


Can't stop now....





No comments: