Saturday 8 December 2018

One last visit ....

On Friday a couple of weeks ago now I called over to Fradley to pick up one last item I'd left that no one wanted - a container of old diesel.  Technically it was no longer my mooring as my agreement ended on the Thursday 15th November.

Now we took it January 2008 so just short of 11 years. Let's say average of £1500 per year thats well over £15,000 of just mooring fees!!

I had a nice chat with Maggie our recent neighbour who had just had their boat painted by Kev who had the boat next one up and who also had recently taken the dry dock at the junction - he made a smashing job of the paintwork.

Back to the mooring, it looked a bit sad, certainly ready for whoever takes it. Now here is a note to the new owner of they ever read this  - I did not sanction the removal of the slabs that made up the steps. I ok'd the other moorers to take various bits and they helped me in doing so, but the steps... I know who had them they never asked and should have left them alone - not good. One other disappointment was the mooring has lots of dog mess on it. Now that is just bad manners and not the best welcome to whoever has paid over £1800 for it. I should not really care but I do, we had lots of happy times there and good memories, and I'll retain them  - thank you to my friends at Hunts.




Old and the New 




I was back at my new mooring on the Saturday to check Percy and do some jobs. I was especially pleased to be able to load/unload by the boat and water up without moving the boat as there is water adjacent to my new mooring - simple things but they please me. 

I have been running the engine and it is so much cooler. I need to chase an enquiry I put in for a set of cylinder head gaskets so Richard the marine engineer can sort that for me - no hurry.

No comments: