Monday 21 January 2019

Bits to fit ...

Like most well done jobs there is a sequence for best results. The cylinder heads from Percy's donk should be back fitted soon - will detail that when it happens. I have the Victron 712 battery monitor to fit and most likely new batteries. However it occurred to me the the day one of the reasons I am fitting the monitor is to see how I am charging the batteries so I think I'll lash it up on the old batteries to get a feel for how they are taking and giving out their charge. If for no other reason it'll be interesting to see how worked they actually are. I am still expecting to have to replace them and still not sure with what. I read about some peoples massive battery banks over 600 A/H, that would be close to 4 days all stuff going on my boat between charges.

I guess of you are a liveaboard CC'er that sort of capacity would be ideal, every three or four days cruising on elsewhere while topping up the next 3/4 days of use - not a bad regime.

So I hope to have news to report soon.... plus the 2019 cruising plans  need to be thought through....

No comments: