Tuesday 4 June 2019

Against doctors orders - Gasket making and slabbing

I was supposed to be resting my back but I can't do resting easily. After the fall I missed a planned trip to Holland on my bike so I was a little blue emotionally  - as well as black and blue physically.

I repaired to the boat to complete the slabbing (I was two slabs short) and finished fitting the bilge pump. All done with great care and attention in respect to Health and Safety, I thought I was past that after leaving work where it was the mantra and often fired at us in Estates as a reason for stuff to be done or not done - to suit the complainant !!

There was a large gap on the new mooring where the shed used to be that was gifted to my neighbour Mandy by the previous occupant Richard. We could have replace it with similar but its location and relatively level ground made it ideal for a little patio.

At Hunts I paid out considerable ££'s for decking that got little use as it was close to a thoroughfare. It also got very slippy in autumn winter and spring. Slabs cost nothing as they were recycled from my sons house and the soil was so sandy we sieved it to get a decent base to lay onto. The fence was surplus to requirements from the cottage. I think we have used this more already than the decking at Fradley. ( I need to paint the furniture - next job.)


I utilised the pallets the shed was on for a small back store for the canoe and other bits


As we were planning a few days aboard and I was planning a mini cruise I also set to making another gasket for the day tank pump. It gets air into the pump stopping it working. Having watched Richard make a gasket for the  head water manifold using a ball pein hammer I set to to do the same for the fuel pump...




Ok, so not quite a ball pein hammer but it did the job.

Fuel pumped, bilge pump in place, patio and store done, back aching - Rachel joined me on the boat......


No comments: