Tuesday 23 July 2019

Flat earth needed

One of the many benefits of being retired is time to do jobs that give satisfaction and also save money. Car maintenance and boat maintenance being two such jobs.

When Rachel had her car last serviced (to keep the warranty - next one will be DIY)  they advised front and back discs were very low as were the pads, price to change per axle was £225. A quick internet shopping search highlighted Bosh pads and discs would cost me around £80 each axel. No brainer. I did the front ones earlier in the year as they were the worst as to be expected. However when it came to doing the back ones my 'flat space' looked like this ....


Yes we have the builders in (sadly not a job I could DIY) So the simple and luxurious option was to load my tools into the car and head off to the boat and the lovely mooring where I can have the car next to the boat.

It was a quite lovely day to work on the car in absolute peace and quiet (we do also have that at the cottage) with the odd boat passing giving shouts of encouragement.

Another job done, well over £200 saved and another benefit of the Shebdon moorings.

No comments: