Friday 16 August 2019

Too hot now too wet

Its been a while ..... but August and September are busy months for us retired types ! 

I try and stay off the water during the holiday times, leaving it for the workers. I did visit the boat but it was so hot all I did was drink water and watch the boats cruise by. 

Now today 16th August (my birthday) its the complete opposite very wet. We should have been aboard for a long weekend but may delay until tomorrow as Rachel has a bad cold and I'm trying not to have a bad cold.

We collected the virus on a great trip to London for a couple of days last weekend to visit my youngest Callum and his partner Emma. (and their adorable new cat Dotty)







More people than I am comfortable with for sure !



We were treated to a great play in the old council chamber - An Agatha Christie play Witness for the Prosecution. Excellent 




A drink in the George pub (apt name as it was my dads) opposite the Royal courts of justice 



The weekend before saw us on the bike for a long weekend back down south. We booked into a nice B&B in West Ashling so we could walk Watery Lane to have wine and nibbles with Gillian our lovely ex next door neighbour. 

We also went out on the SBC (Sunday Breakfast Club) ride with the souther bikers I ride out with. 

Finally Rachel met up with ex colleagues for a catch up Sunday PM then we picnic'd  at Bosham into the late evening before we had coffee and cake the next morning back with Gillian. 

Out old cottage  - we did have another look around as it was empty, the new residents after us only lasting a year  - we were there three years




The southern bikers - a great group of friendly lads(!)


My Honda ST1300 Pan European overlooking Bosham harbour - we walked this many times when down south 


At the end of last month we as a family me to remember my dad who passed away 29 years ago .... a good show in nice weather. We (I) ended up in the paddling pool which on a hot school holiday day was heaving  !





My mum, brother in law Bill and my niece's son Freddie 








2 comments:

Carol said...

Happy birthday Nev.

Nev Wells said...

Thank you Carol