Friday 3 July 2020

Might be a long day....

I’m if nothing else a person who likes a rule.  Ok I break a few speed limits on the bikes but in general I’m a law abiding member of society.

We’ve kept away from the boat when we were told no essential travel and when we were allowed to visit the boat for day trips only we did just that.

So from the 4th of July the canals are open to all including us leisure boaters who can now stay overnight and as a follow up from my last but one post I’m now getting a little excited. This was helped by Rachel giving the boat a good clean the other day while I spent the time doing the same in the engine room and back cabin ( cleaning and maintenance)

So the title ....and my interpretation. We can’t stay overnight until the 4th July, so if we stay awake until just past midnight on the 3rd  then we will obviously be aboard and sleeping from the 4th July, just got to keep awake until after 12....then we can sleep like babies in the knowledge we are at last aboard our lovely (clean) boat and set ready to head out and stay out for a few days.... At last


3 comments:

nb Bonjour said...

Ha ha! Dominic Cummings should approve anyway ;)
Have a great time - we're not rushing straight up to the boat as we'll be travelling from Devon, so the roads will be too busy at the weekend
Looking forward to your first blog afloat
Debby

Jennie said...

We too wish you a great trip wherever you may go - I hope you manage to stay awake long enough tonight! I too will be looking out for your next blog. Jennie

Carol said...

Hope you slept well this morning - enjoy your cruising - you've earned it! Keep blogging!