Monday 31 August 2020

Such a waste of time

Another visit to Percy to participate in a nations pointless pastime ..... mowing grass, what a waste of my life cutting grass is. It’s trying its best to photosynthesise for our benefits and we just cut it off in its prime. 

It is once again too long between visits .... I swear since I have retired I seem to spend less time on Percy. That means when I do have to cut the grass it is long and therefore much harder to do. If I was a little less considerate to nature I’d also use weed ( read insect) killer on the weeds that love to grow between the slabs and the piling. 

It’s all done and looks good. We did use the the visit to bring a load of stuff back to the boat ready (hopefully) for our Llangollen trip, some more logistics needed prior to that but what we brought today helps ( including two bags of coal.... am I tempting the weather fates).

The real rub is that by the time we come back the grass will need cutting again ! 






No comments: