Saturday 31 October 2020

Just merciless and got my old job back

That's the only way I can describe how you'd have to be selling up a house and moving onto a canal boat. Thankfully I've never had to do it, when I lived aboard we had a house down south and rented out out place to no1 son and we kept the top floor for all out possessions.

The reason for the post is I am failing in trying to clear out our 'office' which is in fact the third bedroom of the cottage.  We have made a home office in the 'snug'  downstairs so we can and should recover the little bedroom for guests when they can start visiting again. We are part of the seismic shift of home workers (well Rachel is). She's been kicked out of the uni as they have converted many office spaces to extra classrooms for the split teaching they are doing.

I made an error in hindsight when I go rid of the car - I should have just kept the one as it's not looking like Rachel will be going back to work on site for the foreseeable future. She has a couple of days where she is going in to record stuff (!!) otherwise its home working.

Just had a thought, I spent 20 odd years being an estates manager .... and now once again I manage the estate my good lady works in - maybe I should contact the university and ask to be put back on the payroll !!

I should not make light of it, it's not good for many reasons but I guess the only way for now. Right I have an estate to clean for the workers..... at least it's raining and I can't ride my bike or do the jobs on the boat I want to do. 

2 comments:

KevinTOO said...

Nev, does your new role as 'facilities management' include providing your 'client' with regular refreshments? ☕ 😉

Nev Wells said...

One of my many duties, cook cleaner washer up the full monty. Hope you are well ?