Wednesday 25 January 2023

Leia will be with me for the rest of my life

Only pet owners know the hurt of losing a loyal companion. It's getting on for 6 months now since we had to say goodbye to Princess Leia. We had her cremated and she lives with us in one of her favourite places...  just by the wood burner.



She still felt a bit distant to me so for my Christmas present my son Tom finally got to tattoo his old dad as his dad had a subject worthy of the pain of the process...


It was the beginning of January and I turned up at his studio with my preferred image and he set to taking a photo in ink on skin. I've never had a tattoo before and when I tell people one of my lads is a tattooist they ask if I have tattoos. Well now I can say yes and show Leia off with pride. 

The process took a good five hours with a break... it started ok. Mildly uncomfortable but tolerable. Towards the end it was getting very uncomfortable, especially when he was doing the white over the black as it was needles on needles and some of the needles were several needles at a time ! However the more painful part of the day was listening to the German heavy metal at decent volume ALL day !!  

She's still healing but settling into her new place in my life very well. I know tattoos are not for everyone but I get the addiction and even more so when it's a special image for the carrier.

No comments: