Thursday 3 December 2015

Narrowboat nightmare

I have dreamt about it and I am sure most owner have done so to. That is their boat going on its own journey. Closest we have come was when someone loosened off the ropes from Waterlily when we had her and a kind boater re-tied her. I knew it has happened as the knot holding her was not my type of knot. On a canal it is not so bad, on a flooded river it is an altogether different risk/outcome

This popped up on one of the Facebook canal groups

Click Me....



The above is a screen clip from the video - showing the fire officers catching the boat and getting it back to bank.

I have a worry about rivers. Only ever having done the Trent at Alrewas and the Churnet on the Caldon. I will do more and I know Percy has been to Sea across the Wash so no reason not to, apart from my confidence !

I did call over to check on Percy the other day, I have a good neighbour who keeps an eye on Percy whilst I am away from her. This time last year it was not such an issue as I was living aboard. Thankfully all was well and the auto greaser was keeping the bilge tin dry. She was just sitting waiting patiently to go travelling !

2 comments:

A Sweet Expression said...

I like your boat. It is different. Thank you for stopping by my ice cream shop in Pleasant Hill, Mo. Feel free to come by A Sweet Expression again, if your ever in the neighborhood. Good journey.
Debbie, owner

Nev Wells said...

Hi Debbie, thank you for stopping by my blog, and for the warm welcome and lovely ice cream. The internet can be such a great place and we will call by again if we visit. You have a lovely shop and a nice approach to life, we wish you well in the business and hope Pleasant Hill prospers. Take care Neville and Rachel