Tuesday 5 September 2017

NB Briar Rose comes to my valley

I received a message from Adam to say he and Adrian would be close by today  - at my local in fact, the Black Lion Consall. It's part of their 'Northwest Passage trip - Click  here . It would have been rude of me not to pop down to say hello. I was a little late back from work, so after a cup of tea Leia and I headed off down through Consall woods to the canal and walked to their boat.


They have the 'Les's spot' Its a mooring I aim to get at some point and get the same photos Les and Jaq  had on their blog. Canal boat in front of a steam train with pub behind.


Everyone had a good smile for the camera  - including Leia. As it was late it was a brief chat, then a walk back up the canal and up through the woods in the failing light.

The canal had a beauty only available to those daft enough to be walking late - my bonus !


This time next week we will be on our way to the same spot.... can't wait !

It was good to meet you both again, have a great rest of the trip and enjoy the steam train.


No comments: