Friday 22 November 2019

Canal boat diaries - a must watch

Some will like me be aware of the various and many Youtube vloggers putting their lives on line in video format. Not for me, I have a face for radio for sure and not enough liveaboard content. There are so many now that I don't watch all of them anymore, many following the same routes and using the same ideas for content that does become repetitive. Yes there are some good ones out there... there are some that are a bit 'up themselves' and some that well, are just on youtube !

One I will always watch when he posts on Youtube is Robbie Cummins - the Naughty Lass. His style is warts and all, very honest but also very well put together, a good mix of all aspects of living afloat. His skill has been recognised with a four part series on BBC4  - Canal Boat diaries and I'd really recommend it to you. I have been so impressed I have written to the BBC to ask for another series or two.... I'd encourage you do the same if you like what you see.

Here are a few links

Episode 1 on Iplayer

Episode 2 on Iplayer

Episode 3 on Iplayer

Episode 4 on Iplayer

Please give them a go and if you like them give some positive feedback.... he deserves it.

3 comments:

Quaysider said...

Couldn't agree with you more Re. Robbie... he's just "natural" - it's a shame he's not on my bus as I'm looking to recruit a new husband as crew for next years season lol.


'wonder how many pints it would take ;-) (joke)... (ish)...

Nev Wells said...

Good luck with the search, I'm sure there is someone out there just waiting to be crew !

Unknown said...

Excellent series . Can't wait to see more . Feels like I have travelled with him.