Saturday 2 May 2020

Vicarious Bolinder boating

You may be getting the sense I am missing my boat. We should have done the four counties now and be planning our Llangollen trip, which may or may not happen.

Anyhow for those like me wanting some canal cruising albeit vicariously here is a very well shot Youtube series of video taking the Bollinder to the port on Mykaskin's  channel.

Get a cup of coffee, a few malted milks (my rediscovered biscuit of choice) , superseding the venerable Ginger nut and fig rolls at the moment and enjoy.

Bolinder to the port day 1 

Bolinder to the port day 2

Bolinder to the port day 3

Bolinder to the port day 4

Be aware there is an unnecessary altercation at the first of the Glascote locks in the day 1 video, his behaviour really lets the boat owner down as does the bashing into the top lock gates  - shame.






2 comments:

Jim said...

You did warn us Nev, but pinching that lock and claiming they'd done nothing wrong was the end for me.

Nev Wells said...

Hi Jim, Yes it did somewhat shock me as i've never seen anything like it before and I think he was lucky her did it to someone who did not take it further (some might have got a bit more physical as the old boaters did in the past ! He got roundly slammed in the comments - -quite rightly.