Monday 11 April 2022

A gloomy outlook

Recession 

Let’s not kid ourselves we are heading for a decent recession for sure and its started already imho. Interesting how fuel impacts on so many costs from harvesting to production distribution and storage. 

Just had our oil delivered and its over 30% more expensive now than just two months ago. over 300% more expensive than when they had tankers full of it and could not sell it in March 2020.

Amazon have just called and asked if I’ve lost my credit card. I’m waiting for a similar call from Sportbike shop ! When we stop spending it all slows down which is good I guess for the planet but not for jobs or the tax revenues of the country.

Today's work is to complete the planning for the self installed solar and batteries for the workshop/home office/laundry room. I’m going to harvest the sun.

Lots of other stuff I could write but to end on a positive there are so many things that are relatively cheap and good for us so let's keep that in focus and enjoy what we have and start to understand there is joy around us we just have to put our eyes and minds on wide focus.






No comments: