Wednesday 20 April 2022

Maybe a corner turned

We had an interesting time at the boat this weekend ( Easter weekend ) We arrived Saturday and as previously blogged moved the boat to our new pontoon location. 

There are advantages to marina moorings that I should remind myself of:

  • Hook up  - no more worrying about overnight batteries might even get some ice cream for the freezer from the farm shop
  • Farm shop that sells ice cream  -see above
  • Super fast internet ( my 4g) 
  • Water at the end of the boat
  • Safety of the boat
  • All the services needed for the boat 
    • Blacking
    • Engineering
    • Slip
    • Sales !
    • Showers
    • Small chandlery
    • Elsan 
    • Loos
    • Laundry
  • All the above superbly clean
  • Friendly boaters
  • Nice walks within the marina
  • Very friendly and accommodating staff
  • Someone else mows the grass
  • Safe car and bike parking
  • Shop within walking distance ( not the farm shop)
  • Good route choices
While the engine is sorted I need to make use of the boat even static in this nice place. If nothing else it's a change of scenery and a connection with the canals.

The icing on the cake for me today was the green light for some fishing (not in the marina itself)  but on line in the small woods by the side of the marian entrance. 

On Sunday we had a day off boat chores and took a walk towards Ingestre. Basically walking away for the crowds at the junction. Took a picnic. Only shame was the route I planned was signposted private  - I'm sure I've walked it before from the other way so I need to double check someone isn't being crafty with signage to protect their 'privacy'.








I did my good deed for the day as we walked past a large field of sheep and lambs. There was more bleating than there should be - almost sounding the alarm and I noticed a ewe with her head stuck in some fencing. I climbed the barbed wire and approached to see the poor creature had rubbed all the fleece off her neck and the skin was red raw from her attempts to escape. I can only assume she'd been there a good while. I was able to free her by making the square of metal fence oblong and she was away and immediately the field of bleating all calmed down and her lamb was straight on for a feed. 

So some boating balance has been restored. I ordered the wrong part for the engine so that's a delay, but we have some boat cleaning and polishing to do over the next few weeks to keep us entertained. 

No comments: