Friday 28 April 2023

Another day of relocating

Rachel did the engine checks/lubrication  this morning before we pulled pins about 10.45 ish. Today was always going to be a shorter day based on where we needed to be and also the weather. In the end the weather won and we stopped in a small cutting close to Little Onn. 

The only thing of major note was the number of boats moving when we were... lots ! Most going north but there is a canal festival at Norbury this weekend so I expect it'll be chocker up that way. We need milk and petrol so a stop tomorrow in Gnosall will be the order of the day... 

I always underestimate the lead in to Brewood it's still a nice canal village and was full of boats  - all no doubt waiting to get off to Norbury tomorrow ! 

The persistent cold ( still) wind was a constant menace today, I hear tales of warmer weather.... its long overdue 

Some photos;

Some do not like the Shroppie - I like its cuttings and embankments, it could not be more different from the Staffs and Worcester 


Brewood looking very english village 


These two are still floating  - I'd love to know the story of who owns them. The second boat had rusted holes under its windows.



The obligatory A5 shot 




We unloaded our waste at the Wheaton Aston services and filled up with red at Turners. A long conversation was had about triathlons - quite interesting. We brought some coal  - 25kg £18.50 FFS and a fiver for some sticks I have loads at home in the workshop so my bad I guess ! 

For the record 96 litres with the engine counter on 1017 . Last time we filled up it was on the Ashby at 967 so that's 50 hours for 96 litres or just under 2 litres per hour. That surprises me I though the Lister was more like 1.5 litres and hour  - shallow canals for you I recon or someone had dipped out tank!! 


Our mooring  - I moored here on my Heaven and hell cruise in 2018 


October 2018 .... 


Not long to go now  I'm sure those who know the blog me and the boat have guessed. 

No comments: