Thursday 2 January 2020

2020 and a deserted Fradley Junction

Well it's 2020 a new blogging year, let's see where this decade takes us. 

On New Years eve we spent a lovely evening together, playing games drinking eating and talking - the telly never got turned on !


It was a relief for all you workers to go backto work and continuing paying your taxes and leaving me to enjoy the peace and quiet. That extended to a spirited ride on my motorbike (Honda NC750x - not the Pan today) over to Fradley Junction. For those who are late to this blog that is where we moored our last three boats for eleven years and where I lived on board Percy for a couple of years. 

As an aside for my motorcycling friends I have signed up to a GPS motorcycling app called Scenic . It is quite good, using my phone and a quad lock fitting and case it's a very cheap full featured (and more) motorcycle GPS unit. It even allows you to set a destination then it'll route you via more twisty roads if you ask it. It also will generate a round route based on your input on N,S,E,W and total distance you want to ride. It can import routes planned on Google maps as well as Garmin Basecamp - very useful.

Anyhow It took me on a nice run  to Fadley Junction, I've not been back since I left on Percy in October 2018. 

It was deserted boat wise ....


The cafe was full but few walking. I got  takeaway coffee and had a reminisce as I walked down the Hunts lock moorings.


I quickly reminded myself of the distance I walked from the car park to boat each day  - not so now at Shebdon as the car park (and water) is next to the boat and much cheaper !


There were quite a few gaps including where we used to moor. Our old mooring looked very desolate 



 Sad to see so many who I used to know have moved on, but some of the old guard are still making it their home which is good.


I did not walk all the way to the new marina, I'll do that another day now I have a nice bike route sorted. Here is the gratuitous shot of the 750 ... a nice little bike for mucky road days like today.


I got back to a card from our postie. She is good, knowing the best place to leave parcels so I don't have to go into town to collect them. She left me this... more to report hopefully over the weekend.





No comments: