Thursday 12 November 2020

Carpe Diem

Never has there been a better time  (in my life) to Carpe Diem....

I try to limit my news intake and discourage discussion over current affairs if I can. I can't influence it so why worry about it . (OK I can follow government advice and as a law abiding citizen I do so )
So today was a walk to a place I've long since planned for while in my working life. The A53 runs between Leek and Buxton and we  (the University) had sites in both towns and when I visited them I drove past the Roaches and Hen Cloud promising myself that I'd be up there in my retirement.
Well it only took me just over three years but today I was up there and boy was it worth the wait. I arranged a socially distanced meet with my long time friend Graham. We had planned the Roaches and Luds Church but decided to tag on Hen Cloud as our 8am arrival saw us have the whole place to ourselves. 
It's beautiful up there with the ridge walk of the Roaches giving great views and Graham checked we were looking as far as the Black Mountains in the far far distance. There was so much to see and the weather albeit windy on the ridge later in the day was perfect for it.

















No comments: