Monday 30 November 2020

Eight years of ownership today

I was browsing my blog today and happened to note the timer on the top right telling me we'd owned Percy for eight years today.

It's funny how some memories are etched into your brain while others dribble out over time. I remember so clearly the first few minutes of cruising Percy away from Tony's old place at Braunston. I looked back just once to see Tony standing watching no doubt himself recording the day he let his boat go after 20 years of construction and ownership. 

A couple of pictures.... how long have you owned your current boat ? 





The last picture is the first nights mooring just above Hillmorton locks. I was on my own aboard, Rachel and Callum joined me the next morning for the eventful cruise back to Fradley ( in the ice !) 

3 comments:

Andy said...

Had to look back in the blog for the information( they are good for helping the memory aren't they). Owned since 05/03/2013 first night onboard 2 weeks later, so catching you up!

Sarah said...

11 years, 2 months, 2 weeks and 2 days - which I know thanks to copying the Count Up widget from you!

Nev Wells said...

Thanks for the comments Andy & Sarah. I guess they are not something to buy and sell frequently plus they do become a little bit part of the family daft as it sounds. Wet rainy day here so maybe time to do some backwards blog browsing.