Thursday 3 December 2020

Rudyard lake - C&RT owned and maintained

Since we took Waterlily up to the end of the Leek arm of the Caldon I've not really thought much of the lake that was built  to feed the Caldon canal. Here is the post on NB waterlily's blog - 11 years ago now   

Indeed it is still a working reservoir that feeds the Caldon canal. Now I live in the area I visited it on the bike on a recent food shopping trip ( for the future.... this is lockdown England where to minimise Covid 19 infections we are encourages and in some instanced legislated to do certain things in certain ways  - essential travel being a contentious issue for many) 

Anyway I digress  this is a beautiful reservoir  that will be explored more in coming months  - on foot. 

You can read about it here  - Click me 

There is no doubt the canal engineers of the day put some serious effort into water provision for the canals. Bosley reservoir another fine example.

Anyhow here are a couple of gratuitous pictures of my bike and the reservoir as well as a picture or two of the hills above leek as I wended my way back to Sainsbury's for food !







No comments: