Tuesday 1 March 2022

Blood bikes

Wow another month of my life spent doing seemingly not a lot. I've developed an addiction to YouTube -specifically computer repair videos. I find them very relaxing and therapeutic to watch - sad act me. 

Anyhow my major achievement was to complete my final induction for a long held ambition ( retirement ) to ride for the Blood Bike charity - specifically SSCBB Click me That was a long day in 2-4c temperature and wet roads, 180 miles all in, down to Birmingham from Crewe and Stoke back via Stafford. A nice feeling to know you've helped someone less fortunate than yourself. 

Thursday sees me on my own for my first solo shift on a BMW800 blood bike out of Sandyford fire station  - I have a pass ! I've already got a job, blood samples from the Royal Stoke hospital cancer ward to Birmingham. I understand the samples will be  from a patient who is undergoing Chemotherapy, they assess the impact the drugs are having and adjust the dose - then we take more samples to be checked again.... 


Other stuff to blog about but for now I wanted to start March with a blog post and to hopefully improve on my tardy February performance. 

No comments: