Monday 14 March 2022

Blue mood

I'm the last to have reason to be down in the dumps but I guess like most every now and again the 'black dog' as Winston Churchill called it comes a calling. I suspect it's in part withdrawal from the tablets I've been on for many years, nearly there on my titration off them but I can't pretend its been or is now easy. I am doing it for the long term of course and there is always paracetamol ! 

I have a range of strategies that help my mood, fresh air and exercise is a key. Setting small targets (achievable) each day. Some long term ambitions in planning stages help. Good loving family and friends, plus feeling useful  -see my Blood Bikes post here 

I need to crack on with Percy's engine and get my canal mojo back asap.... more on that in my next post..... but I've said that a few times already, shows my boat commitment sadly.  

For now  - today (1st March) I've been walking my lanes, then finishing a couple of cold frames I've built from spare wood and old window frames from the cottage saved from when we had the double glazing done last year. I've also done some bricklaying and built painted and installed a shed to be the little potting shed, anything right now to keep my mind active - its hard.  

The blog is a big random at the moment as I'm not overly inclined to maintain it but as and when I'll get some important family catch ups on the blog for reflection down whatever line we head. 



No comments: