Tuesday 22 March 2022

Yep, we had some boat time

How can it be I'm more busy now with more projects than ever when I worked ! We had last weekend in the diary for a boat stay and due to work either side of the weekend for Rachel we could only manage a one night stop over. 

I'd not been to Percy for a while but I guess that is the one benefit of a marian mooring  - relative safety and no gardening. Apart from some muck sprayed up the gunnels when the contractors cleaned the pontoons Percy was waiting patiently with 100% on the Smartgauge and an empty bilge. 

While I hooked up the electric  - what a treat to have 24/7 12v power without the pressure on the batteries, Rachel set to cleaning. I then started work on the engine opening up the crankcase door to clean out the sump. On these old engines they don't have a oil filter as such, they use oil that drops the particulates into the sump and the engine 'manual' says open up and clean out every so often.

I am pacing myself as I'm an old git or feel like one sometimes so around 5 ish I packed up and drove around to the warm and clean shower block and cleaned myself ! Very nice. We then settled in to an evening on a clean boat with loads of power food and the Rugby.

I always sleep well on Percy, we've a good mattress and topper and maybe the fact the boat moves ever so slightly aids sleep.

Next day we took Leia for a walk  - such a shame this marina will eventually be blighted by HS2 with a massive bridge running right by the marina over the canal over the Trent off towards Stafford. 

Needless to say we won't be in the marina when they start the construction of that !

We took a nice walk down to fancy bridge and came back through the village.




I still prefer our old linier moorings(s) at Fradley and Shebdon but have to accept this is the new mooring location for the foreseeable future. How we use the boat now and going forward is more suited to a marina mooring.




The day after we got back the mooring invoice came via email ! 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I had no idea about HS2 and our favourite marina, all I can say is OMG.

Lisa
NB WaL