Saturday 31 December 2022

Christmas 2022 and a bucket list item sorted …..

It’s been a social month at the cottage. So for the record of past Christmas’s to reflect on hopefully in the future here are some pictures and words . 

We hosted our friends from America in mid December -  Charlotte and Dave. It was a lovely few days of catching up and general chatting and reminiscing. Planning for the future and missing loved ones. Sharing common hard family journeys with mutual support. 

A few days before Christmas I took my mum over to my next sister up from me Linda  ( I’ve four sisters who I love dearly ) 

Christmas Day was us and my youngest sister Trisha , nice to have some quieter chat and reflection time as well as a few card games.

Boxing Day was with the grandkids at their canal side cottage in Ilkeston on the Erewash canal.  More than likely the last time there as they are moving in the New Year. 


On the 27th we had 15 souls here and a dog as we hosted Rachel's family… she has three sisters and a brother. Food  and drink a plenty which was all consumed over much chat and laughter. 













Work for Rachel and Blood bike shift for me introduced a bit of normality before a visit to my mums on Saturday. 

Sunday will be another hosting of our smaller family but all the same it’ll be fun as there are the grandkids to play with. We don’t do big unwrapping presents, hampers of nice food and this year it’s our turn to book and pay for a holiday, so we are going back to Wales in July this year as Teddy is now at school. Aberystwyth…. Teddy’s list was a place with a hot tub, a place with a pool and in Wales….. we’ve somehow managed to accommodate all those requests so hopefully he’ll have a nice holiday. 

Into 2023 if this is my last post of 2022 will see an interesting first post …. I’m doing something I’ve never done before and it’s been in my bucket list for a loooog time !

No comments: