Thursday 29 December 2022

Missing Leia

We’ve recently had a Collie visitor at the cottage and I’ve seen a bit of my sisters two little companions of late. Each time it’s a real tug of the heart strings as it’s our first Christmas in many without Leia. It was bitter sweet to have a memory pop up of Leia charging around the woods near Standstead House on the south coast. It was 8 years ago I took her there no doubt while Rachel was working in between Christmas and the New Year at the QA in Portsmouth. 

She was so active loving her life in the South Downs and I was living back on the boat in winter 2016. She then got doggie heaven as we moved to the cottage and the lovely walks and woods from our back gate for the next 8 years which I’m pleased to reflect was for more than half of her life. 

Nothing lasts forever so enjoy it now and cherish it while it’s happening…. Don’t take anything for granted as at some point it won’t be there anymore. 

Here is the video - for my future reflection. 



No comments: