Friday 10 April 2020

Our new tenants

No we don't own multiple properties, just the cottage we live in. Having rented (for working away purposes)  and kept our own property I'd not like to have the multiple property responsibilities despite always holding the view that property is the best type of investment.

Anyhow the story....knowing I had some hard timber landscaping of the rear courtyard to our cottage to do I purchased a large mitre saw and stand for the workshop (read saw mill now). Part of my apprentice test jobs on the new saw I decided to build a bird box. There are plenty of on line instructions on how to do so.

We have seemingly two large communities of Blue tits and Sparrows flying between our large Privet hedge and the gardens of our near neighbours so it was a toss up on the hole size for the two eventually I opted for the larger sparrow size hole. I put it up a week or so ago and it looks like we have our first tenant.



There has been much singing to attract a mate which has been a joy to watch and listen to.


No comments: