Thursday 24 June 2021

This needs to stop

On the canal today (15th June)  but again not with Percy. This time with our friend and neighbour Mandy's boat 'Don't Panic'. She was bringing Don't Panic back from being blacked at Overwater and I said I'd help on the Audlem flight.  

I arrived 8.45 am to find Don't Panic just in lock 3 by the Shroppie Fly..... windlass in hand we made rapid progress up the flight  - I think Mandy said from the bottom to the top two and a half hours. We had one scary moment when the button fender caught on the top slide plate, quickly dropping both paddles sorted it, but a scary reminder how easy it is to go from simple progress to potential disaster.




I then returned home and took my bike ( again !) for another little bimble through another decent ford near Tissington. 





I do live in a beautiful part of the country 

When I got home I took Leia for a walk across the fields at the back of out cottage  - more stunning views.


No comments: