Monday 23 May 2022

Side to side instead of end to end

This time last year I was riding my Royal Enfield from Lands End to John o’Groats, a great adventure. Today we ( Rachel is with me on this one) are doing the side to side equivalent by cycling from the west coast of England to the east coast following Hadrians wall.

Today was day one which was a transit day to get us to our end which is Newcastle Upon Tyne … well the end of the cycling trip is the North Sea at Tynemouth. Tomorrow we get taken all the way across country to Bowness on Solway where we start peddling back …..it’s a trip Rachel has often talked about and now we are doing it. Hopefully daily reports for the blog and my memory. 

The bikes just got into the Toyota…. Did I mention I have a fancy for a van 


The Tyne bridge welcomes us to Newcastle 




No comments: