Tuesday 11 October 2022

Lovely lovely Wales

 Another fantastic days riding  - just short of 240 miles for today. Started with a lovely sunrise that I caught on time lapse 


I filled up with luvly 95 then set off for the most westerly point  - St Davids. Ticked that box I started my two day ride over to Ness point via Chipping Norton.


Difficult to pick the best part of the day. I met Jeff and his friend Trev at the Owls nest, sadly I'd got there a bit early as my coffee stop was closed ! I was prepared this time with a flask made up from the B&B.




From the Owls nest I ventured into the Brecon Becons via some very mucky tight up and down lanes until I arrived at Usk reservoir  which again showed how dry a summer we have had. 



Then I found myself on the B4558 which was a lovely road seemingly following the Mon and Brec canal a great road, which I thought had sadly been cut short with a road closed sign but that only sent me up the hills to get a stunning view of the Brecon Beacons....




Then it was the normal roads until I got the other side of the M5 when i picked up the A436 to Stow in the Wold - fantastic the Himmy carrying cornering speed is a joy to ride such roads. 

 

The last 50 miles soon past and I arrived in a much busier than I expected Chipping Norton. Checked in to my hotel for tonight the Fox inn with complimentary beer (dispatched) and Brandy - will be dispatched  later ! 


I cant recommend the Fox Inn's food - worst steak I've had in a long time and the wine was well over.... typical Brit I don't complain other than sending the meal back with chewed steak left on the plate and two steak knives used ! 

No comments: