Tuesday 26 December 2023

December family big push

My eldest son and family have had a difficult time in trying to live post pandemic. The banks really stitched him up with arbitrary rule changes about loaning against property that abuts industrial estates. He has/had a lovely cottage with land and planning permission on the Erewash canal in Ilkeston that due to the changes noted above resulted in it being difficult to sell normally. It's really his story to tell but the result is they sold it and had a short window of moving opportunity. I was asked to help and hired a van and did some prep work on the new place  - very nice it is and they have done well in sorting it and getting in before Christmas. We are very proud of our two sons and their wives. 

It's been a long week with some 14 hour days and early starts late finishes and lots of weight being moved. Nearly all done and completed house sales in what is in my estimation record time. A good job.  

As I said their stories to tell but a couple of photos for posterity. 




To get up to date we had a nice siblings get together at the weekend before Chrsitmas. Good to met up and look back on life and forward also. 


All still smiling that's all that counts ! 

Only downside is we all seem to have succumbed to a cold virus doing the rounds. One of us brought it to the party ! Such viruses always flair up the fibromyalgia I am blessed with but its not too bad and there are many many people who suffer much much more so nothing for me to moan about.   

 


4 comments:

Tom and Jan said...

Nev,
Looking at those last two photos I'm amazed at how much taller you have grown over the intervening years. To be precise; grown right through your hair which is now on your chin :-) Why did you decide on the Himalayan 450? I've been toying with buying one and venturing off into some of the Australian Outback.
Tom

Nev Wells said...

Hey Tom, great to hear from you the cut is a tad less jovial without your presence I hope you are both well. Love the comment on the day I retired now over 6 years ago…. I grew some fuzz as I’d shaved for work every day for smartness and I also stopped wearing a watch as time was mine from then on !!

Re the Himalayan, have a look at a few of my trips in the Uk on my 411 on my Nev Wells YouTube Channel . It’s a go anywhere bike, a proper little explorer many lanes I’d pass on my big tourers and miss a lot of the Uk by bombing up the motorways on my big shaft drive tourers now I can peel off and explore. For Australia wow what an adventure bikers paradise. Have. A look out for Joe Ryan YouTuber who explores plenty in your lovely country.

I’d 100% recommend the 411 or the 452 and if you like wielding spanner 🔧 or two the air cooled 411 is so easy and satisfying to work on. Let me know get on.

Tom and Jan said...

Hi Nev, We still miss the canal community :-( Unlike you I'm wearing a watch on each wrist. I need to keep an eye on the time to ensure I get all the adventures completed before the grim reaper calls :-)

I'll look for your You Tube channel. The REH450 has an introductory pre-arrival price of $8990 (GBP4800 approx). Registration and insurance on top. Then I'd have to buy all the gear. 40 years since I last rode a motorbike so paying for lessons might be a good idea. I'm also considering a used 411 as another option. My guess the the price on them will crash with the arrival of the 450. Off to You Tube!
Cheers
Tom

Nev Wells said...

I'd highly recommend the used 411, as you say there are bargains to be had and they are a great bike. Some inspiration - there is also some canal stuff on my channel !!

https://youtu.be/FNjz_9y4ooc?si=vjMdoFRqPNLBQopO