Tuesday 19 December 2023

So where have I been since the boat polishing ( and my rant ) Part 1

For me over to my photo library as a reminder of what I've been up to that has kept me/us away from Percy. Typing is an issue right now as I removed the tip of my middle finger ...luckily it did not make it as extra protein into the meal I was making.

It was the 9th October when we were on Percy Polishing and having a little trip out. Then that joy was offset by the totally ineptitude of the decorator who tried to tell us he'd done two coats on most of the job when in some places he'd done non. We sacked the useless sod off and finished or in some places started it ourselves. 

Two coats here he said !!


Anyhow thats done now to our standard as we did it ourselves - should have done so in the first place - lesson learnt. 

We were back to be about while we got a new workshop door fitted as part of my on going fit out of the workshop to make it a proper home office/workshop/laundry room/ external to internal loo.... I waited until the workmen  clowns used the drill so I knew they were happy the door fitted ( I'd removed the old door and frame for them ) as I was off to no2 sons house in Chinley as part of his /our  year long strip and refurbishment some job that. When I returned they had gone without any asking for Rachel to clerk the works. Turns out we had an auto closing door as they'd fitted it not level and where there was a drip strip end cap ( missing they'd filled it with silicon and bogged off. No pride no respect no class. It took them another maybe 6 weeks to get it sorted but it still is a half closer. I will learn my lesson one day.













Some heavy lifting as I wanted to move a shed so I could brick up a window in the workshop. I made a quick base with a note to self to replace the retaining timbers in the summer  - my fault building a raised bed in lockdown in front of the retaining timbers. Took the opportunity of tasking my good friend John who with his lovely family called in on his way back to Scotland  - very remiss no photos of John Carrie and the girls. 



Then it was bike maintenance time. The loyal Himalayan was due a valve check as well as steering head bearings greasing and adjustment and some paint on a scabby fork leg where the lovely salt had got to it.


Put some new tyres on while the wheels were out. 





During this time we were visiting our lads and grandkids always fun but they seemingly always give me a
bug to remember them with! Currently sporting a streaming nose and sore throat from a long week of house moves... more on that later. 

So that gets me to about Mid October ....Part 2 to follow 



No comments: